Saturday, December 21, 2013

Brickfilming Tools

I’ve been getting a lot of questions lately regarding the gear and software I use in making my videos. So I thought this would be a good opportunity for a new blog post. I’ve split this post into 2 parts so it would be easier to follow.

Hardware
Camera
- Currently a Canon 1100D (Rebel T3) DSLR (from LEGO Super Heroes Episode 1 onwards); before that, a Logitech Pro 9000 webcam
I’m also thinking of getting a Logitech C920 webcam, whenever I’ll have the necessary funds. The reason for this is, I want something more practical and easier to use for some short videos I’m going to release, unrelated to the super heroes series. 
Lighting
- 2 regular desk lamps with 65W bulbs

Software
Script writing – Good old Microsoft Word
Video compositing – Adobe Premiere
Video effects – Adobe After Effects and sometimes Photoshop
Audio editing – Adobe Audition and Audacity

So that’s pretty much what I use on a daily basis when working on my videos. Most of these are pretty expensive, but there are some good free alternatives like GIMP for photo editing, Wax for special effects and Audacity for sound editing that I would recommend. As for the camera, if you’re just starting out, any webcam will do. Seriously, there’s no need to invest a lot in a DSLR or a camcorder at the beginning because image quality won’t be your, or better yet, SHOULDN’T be your main focus. Focus on the animation! If you do have some spare cash and can afford it, you can opt for the Logitech C920. This way you’ll have crisp 1080p videos. 
Well, I hope this helps!
Catch you later!
Atlas Animationz

No comments:

Post a Comment